wyomingCourtRecords.us is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

CourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by CourtRecords.us for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. CourtRecords.us cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by CourtRecords.us responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, CourtRecords.us will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Wyoming Court Records

WyomingCourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on WyomingCourtRecords.us are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Wyoming Inmate Records?

Wyoming Inmate records are official documents that contain information about people currently incarcerated in correctional facilities. This includes state prisons, conservation and boot camps, and county and city jails. Typically, the data held in these records include:

  • The inmate’s full name and nicknames
  • Registration number
  • Conviction information
  • Date of birth
  • Gender
  • Mugshots
  • Booking information such as time and location
  • Potential release date
  • Bail/bond conditions

Wyoming Statute 16–4–201, Public Records Act authorizes the release of public information on inmates held in prisons and jails in the state. The Wyoming Department of Corrections is the single repository for inmate records incarcerated in state-owned facilities. The WDOC provides access to these records via an inmate search tool on its website. Note that the WDOC will occasionally seal an inmate record or restrict access to the record in response to a court order.

Inmate records for persons in county or city jails are held and provided by the sheriff’s office or police department supervising such local facilities. Generally, sheriff’s offices across Wyoming offer inmate lookup services on their websites.

How To Find An Inmate In Wyoming?

To locate information about inmates currently incarcerated under the Wyoming Department of Corrections’ (WDOC) jurisdiction, requesters may use the Offender Locator tool available on the WDOC website. Alternatively, call the Wyoming Department of Corrections Central Office on (307) 777–7208. 

The search tool allows requesters to search the database using the following information:

  • WDOC Inmate number
  • First and last name
  • Age
  • Gender. 

The information on the database may include prison location and parole eligibility. Note, this tool only allows access to information on adult inmates. Contact the Division of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) for inmate records of minors.

When in search of inmates incarcerated in county or city jail, contact the local sheriff’s office or the jail administrator for the inmate records. Most local jail administrators provide inmate information on their website for each public access. For example, requestors may find inmate records for persons incarcerated in Lincoln, Converse, and Natrona counties on the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department, Converse County Sheriff’s Department, and Natrona County Sheriff’s Department websites, respectively.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Wyoming?

Interested persons may use the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ (BOP) online portal to locate an inmate in a federal facility within Wyoming. Users have the option to search the database using the inmate’s name and biodata, such as their gender, age, and race. Alternatively, users may search via the portal using an inmate’s registration number. Applicable registration numbers are: 

  • Bureau of Prison Registration number, 
  • D.C. Department of Corrections number, 
  • The Federal Bureau of Investigation number,  
  • The Immigration and Naturalization Services number

Note that the BOP’s inmate management system does not hold information on individuals incarcerated before 1982. Records older than 1982 are maintained and provided by the National Archives Records Administration (NARA).

Requesters may obtain older records from NARA by requesting via its contact page. Alternatively, send a written request by mail to the NARA. Ensure that the request contains all available information about the records sought, including the inmate’s full name, charge details, sentencing details, and other information. Send the request to:

The National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740–6001

Note that archives may not contain inmate information for all years before 1982. Below are details for federal prisons and the years available for each one:

  • Fort Smith, Arkansas (1866 - 1900)
  • Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, California (1934 - 1963)
  • United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth, Kansas (1895—1931)
  • Atlanta Federal Penitentiary (1902—1921)
  • McNeil Island, Washington.

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Wyoming?

Persons interested in securing a Wyoming inmate record may print a copy of the information provided on the result page of the Wyoming Department of Corrections offender locator tool or by calling the WDOC central office on (307) 777–7208. The web result page offers basic information on the inmate under question. However, this printed copy may not suffice for legal representation as it is not a certified copy.  

Under its public records policy, the WDOC provides interested persons with certified copies of inmate records upon request. To obtain this record, requesters make public records request on the WDOC website. Alternatively, send a written request to: 

Dan Shannon
Deputy Director
Wyoming Department of Corrections
Suite 100
1934 Wyott Drive
Cheyenne, WY 82002

Requestors may also choose to email the director at dan.shannon@wyo.gov or contact the WDOC Public Information Office at (307) 777–5889. For further inquiries, requesters may contact WDOC at (307) 777–7208.

Note: The WDOC releasable information is limited to 

  • Name and other identifying information;
  • Photograph and physical description;
  • Any conviction for which the individual was committed to supervision or custody of the WDOC;
  • Projected parole eligibility, release and discharge dates;
  • Current location of the individual’s supervision or custody;
  • Date of release from supervision or custody. 

Similarly, requestors may contact the administrator of any county or city jail in Wyoming to obtain an official copy of an inmate record. For example, inmate records for persons held at the Lincoln County Jail may be obtained by filling the request form on the website. Alternatively, call 307–877–2152(Kemmerer) or 307–885–4940 (Afton).

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple record(s). To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Wyoming?

Family and friends may send money to the trust or commissary account of an inmate in a Wyoming detention facility. Note that requesters are required to be on the inmate’s approved visitation list to send money to an inmate in Wyoming.

The WDOC allows friends and family of inmates to send money through Ace Cash Express, Cash Pay Today or Access Corrections  by; 

  • Walk-In
  • Internet
  • Over the phone

Before sending money to an inmate, requesters need to provide the following:

  • The Inmates Name
  • The Inmates Identification Number
  • The current location of the inmate


Friends and family members may deposit funds to an inmate’s account by walking into any Ace Cash Express or CashPayToday payment kiosk located in the facility. A flat fee of $5.95 is charged per transaction.                  


Requesters may make an online deposit to a Wyoming inmate’s account through AccessCorrections. Access Secure Deposits accepts MasterCard and Visa debit and credit cards through its deposit payment tool. Fees range from $2.95-$9.95, depending on the amount the sender is depositing.

Phone Deposits

Requesters may deposit funds to an offender’s account over the phone by calling 1–866–345–1884, the Access Corrections toll-free number. The transaction may be funded using a debit or credit card, with fees ranging between $3.95 and $10.95. Senders may also call CashPayToday on 1–844–340–2274 to make deposits.

Note: Ace Cash Express and CashPayToday do not accept online deposits. Also, it may take up to three days for deposited funds to reflect in the inmate’s account. 

For inmates in custody at the county or city jails, family and friends may contact the appropriate sheriff’s department or police department to determine the preferred deposit methods. Typically, funds are deposited with county jail authorities by government checks or money orders, which may be delivered in person, by mail, or electronically.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!